Facility & Equipment

With a goal of creating a working plant that was both efficient and that streamlined manufacturing process, Bobby Pope grew the facility from a 1200 square foot space to several buildings covering over 175,000 square feet.  

Below are the milestones achieved along the way to becoming your automated, one stop duct fabricator company.

- In 1968, Monroe Metal operated out of a 1,200 square foot space

- Moved to a 7500 square foot space that allowed for a much larger manufacturing plane.

- In 1974, bought five acres of land in Monroe and built a 20,000 square foot facility.

- Expanded in 1979 by adding 18,000 new square feet to the existing plant, and spending more than $500,000 on new equipment, including an automated manufacturing machine, welding machine and machines for rolling round pipe. 

- Between 1980 and 1984 the plants' physical space expanded twice more, adding 10,000 square feet to increase work and staging areas and then an additional 27,000 square feet to cover 75,000 square feet in four separate buildings.

- In the spring of 1985, Pope purchased another seventeen acres and built a 100,000 square feet fabrication structure that contained no partitions and twenty-six foot high ceiling. Ideally suited for the use and transport of any size or type of equipment, the added space made the company one of the largest duct manufacturing facilities in the country. 

-Pope bought the best manufacturing equipment available for the plant and hired computer programmers to create custom software based on his specification for use in his cutting systems. Using CAD drawings, client jobs can be entered into a software program that directly downloads to the cutting machines, greatly reducing lead times.